Hard Drive won't boot windows

This is a really odd problem, the samsung 200gb 7200rpm ide drive that I just put on this new system is causing major issues

I had an old hard drive in this computer for about 2 weeks, worked good, I get this new samsung and install it as a slave, and it boots windows and I see that windows installs it and blah blah blah, then I reboot and things nothing happens, it is giving me an error basically saying to reinstall windows, so I did and now after windows xp copies the installation files and reboots to begin setup, the thing freezes when trying to boot into windows, I've tried installing on both harddrives with alone and together and it's the same story. I did flash the bios with the flash utility from dfi.com and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it

thanks

I flashed the bios the same time I added the hard drive, stupid I know, but I didn't think it would cause this, and the bios I reflashed with a floppy with the newest bios from dfi.com like 6.23-2? not sure if that's it

Update, I actually tried the old one again and I was able to install windows fine, I'm thinking the problem lies with the new hard drive, ethier it's broken or is not compatable with the nf4 ultra-d, does this seem likely? and if it is can anyone suggest a good compatable one?