New setup NF4 wont do anything??

I just bought everything new for this setup except for the geil ram that I already had and the pos hard drive. I hooked everything up and all that happened is I got the amber light on the bottom of the board to turn on but it was very dim and would flash bright as i turned the switch off on the PS. I tried just one stick of RAM in each of the slots and I tried clearing the CMOS, I tried unplugging all IDE cables, I tried unhooking all the case wires and using the onboard power button with the same result everytime nothing, the fans didnt even try to move, case, cpu, or chipset. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phroze2001 :confused:

Do you have any other ram to try ?

Another option is to hook it up outside of the case on a box with only the bare minimum hooked up.. mobo.. videocard.. one stick of ram.. psu.. and see if it posts..

sounds like you got a dead board mate if the fans do not even try to spin when trying to power on with the onboard pwr button, do you get 2 yellow LEDS one next to RAM and one at the bottom of the board, i powered my board up with nothing plugged in at all no CPU, RAM, GFX just the board itself and the power connectors, the chipset fan will spin for a few secs then stop and all 4 diagnostic lights will come on, this must be normal behavior as my system is working flawlessly.

Hope this helps