NF4: SLI-DR - Suddenly Stopped posting - Help!

yes, I understand ... you woke up, psu was off, but you left it running a major disk copy when you went to bed, now everytime you go to turn it on, nothing, except sometimes you might get a glipse of a fan trying to move..

Assumption, hardware failure on something ... and that something is putting a big enougth load on your psu to overamp it and shut it down.

This shutting down will not hurt the psu, it is designed to do just that.

so. I'm just suggesting to unplug the psu from everything but the mobo. If both of your psu's will not at least power up (drive various leds on the mobo and psu fan running), then the mobo appears to be bad.

otherwise, plugging stuff back in, one at a time will show the problem.

If you left it doing heavy disk to disk copy ... ya might have lost a drive??

Right. My point was because I tried it with nothing plugged in I know the drive isn't the problem.

So specifically, I tried two PSU's with only one connection on each (the 24-pin main connector). Neither showed anything spectacular. I supposed I'll pull my memory and video card to make sure they aren't the issue. I suppose I should see the CPU fan come to life at least then.

I should note that the power save LED (the one to the right of the diag LEDs and near the com port.) is blinking rapidly.