What memory should I get????

Hi i'm having problems with my Corsair memory conflictin with my DFI motherboard????.

I have RMA it.

What memory do you think I should get and best for DFI mobos.

About £200 limit!!! for 1G

And what about 1G or 2G mainly games

Cheers all

Guest burningrave101

Your memory conflict in your board could of had more to do with the rather poor memory controller on your FX-55 San Diego or just needing to tweak the DRAM settings better. Sometimes it takes alot of tweaking to get some RAM stable when overclocked on these boards.

There are alot of options if your wanting 2x512MB. If your tired of TCCD modules you might consider something UTT-BH based like OCZ PC3200 Gold or G.Skill PC3200 GH or TwinMos Speed Premium PC3200. If you want 2GB of RAM you dont have alot of choices right now as far as sticks that will overclock well and not break the bank but there are a few like Crucial PC3200 Value that look very promising. I'm going to test them out myself this week on my board. Their also only $105 a stick and Crucial RAM is very good quality. They use the same chips that the more expensive Ballistix RAM uses.

Guest scott

According to this, :

If you ask us what memory to get for your board for overclocking, the answer will be:

PC3200 Platinum Rev 2 , 3700 Plat, 4200 Plat. 4800 plat or 5000 plat (all TCCD)

PC3200 Gold

PC3200 VX Gold and PC4000 VX Gold

That's about it.

END QUOTE (copied from AndyT, OCZ Product Expert)

Your memory conflict in your board could of had more to do with the rather poor memory controller on your FX-55 San Diego or just needing to tweak the DRAM settings better. Sometimes it takes alot of tweaking to get some RAM stable when overclocked on these boards.

There are alot of options if your wanting 2x512MB. If your tired of TCCD modules you might consider something UTT-BH based like OCZ PC3200 Gold or G.Skill PC3200 GH or TwinMos Speed Premium PC3200. If you want 2GB of RAM you dont have alot of choices right now as far as sticks that will overclock well and not break the bank but there are a few like Crucial PC3200 Value that look very promising. I'm going to test them out myself this week on my board. Their also only $105 a stick and Crucial RAM is very good quality. They use the same chips that the more expensive Ballistix RAM uses.

I have it at stock not overclocked???????

I'm new to this and realy not sure what TCCD OR UTT-BH????

Do you no what I could do to set clocks right for more stable mobo???

and at what timmings to which timming name in menu

??????

But what ever mem you all say i will get if corsair is conflicting!!!!

Hello,

How did the BIOS flash go?

I found some OCZ GOLD PC3200 for £113, that is very cheap so if you really want some memory get this before it runs out.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?OCZ-G321GK

Well to be honest bit worried to try it, got it all printed out many thanks, you do make it sound so easy!!but going to see if memory works first.

Thanks very much Sharp!!!!

Is that a good mem, not to bothered about the money (What it costs) not what you wrote about OCZ, thanks for looking, just want a good good stable mem!!!

Guest burningrave101
Done and dusted will be here wednesday the 6th.

Is it good stuff?????

Thanks Sharp

The RAM uses UTT-BH chips and you'll need 3.2V or more to get descent clocks. You can probably get 250Mhz 2-2-2-5 with 3.3-3.5V. You will need active cooling on the RAM as well.

The RAM uses UTT-BH chips and you'll need 3.2V or more to get descent clocks. You can probably get 250Mhz 2-2-2-5 with 3.3-3.5V. You will need active cooling on the RAM as well.

When you say active cooling for mem what do u mean fan ????.

Cheers

Hello,

It is very good memory.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo...al_channel_gold

Its rated 2.8v @200Mhz 2-2-2-5 which is normal for any good module.

http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=oczgoldpc3200_3

They ran it at 2.6v, so you should have no boot up problems.

Thanks again.

Like I said I have 1G coming but should I have went for 2G??????

So even this mem is the best for my set up and the fastest, because money is not a prob to buy the dearest????

And NO i'm not a bragger about money, not me at all.

Cheers Sharp