best bios for nf4 lp-ut and TCCD ? (-2 or -3 ?)

hi,

just back from vacation and i see there are some newer beta bios for the nf4-lp out.

Just confused which one to flash for my REV2s ...the 5/10-02 or the -03 ?

I have two sticks of OCZ rev2 plats in slots 2 and 4

i just flashed 510-2, DESPITES the fact that i read on many occasions that -2 is for UT/BTT ram only. But then i see many people with REV2 sticks who have good results with the -2 bios.

So i just flashed it. So far so good.

Didnt see any problems with it, and the booting/IDE detection in bios is definitly faster than before.

yup very strange. just went to 510-2 myself and its definatly 100 times more stable then the -1 or -3 on my setup. to early to tell but it looks to be giving the same overclock as 414-1. so im sold! i think i see quicker boots like people are talking but its ever so slight if at all

510-2 for my Mushkin TCCD on BP. Compared to 3/10, this bios has allowed me to tighten timings and generally feels alot more snappy in all areas...

m :)

did you try to set your TRAS to 6 or 7 (instead of your 5, this sounds kind of too low for nf4)....maybe you could get some higher clocks ?

2.5-3-3-6(7) at 250 or so mhz should NOT be any problem for TCCD...

I personally i am already very tired from tweaking and stability testing...but from what i see the 510-2 is at least as good as the last one i had (414-something, i think it was -3 :) )....and i can run 260 2.5 3 3 6 OCCT stable and now i am testing 289 2.5 4 3 7

Edit: oh i saw your other posting....ok :) Just wondering about your TRAS of 5

Yeah, my Winchester gets wacky over 2.54 no matter what I do, so I just settled where I am at. The timing/htt is a wash for me at the same CPU freq, so I chose the tighter timings, which are plenty good for me....

Yeah, my Winchester gets wacky over 2.54 no matter what I do, so I just settled where I am at. The timing/htt is a wash for me at the same CPU freq, so I chose the tighter timings, which are plenty good for me....

yeah no way i can get mine over 2610 which is already extremely on the edge, few mhz more is a nono.

But i am rather trying to get my OCZ REV2 sticks at 289 to 2.5 3 3 7 instead of 2.5 4 3 7.....but after millions of tweaks and tries i think this will always be a dream. So..i can either run 289 2.5 4 3 7 or 10x261 and 2.5 3 3 6.....really not much a real world difference what i chose there

• 2 weeks later...
510-2 for my Mushkin TCCD on BP. Compared to 3/10, this bios has allowed me to tighten timings and generally feels alot more snappy in all areas...

Any updates on this? Are you still happiest with 510-2?

i switched back to 4/14-1 because i was getting random blue screens. not sure if the bios was the problem but ill see i they stop now.

yes for what ever reason 4/14-1 has stopped my blue screens. must be some auto setting i dont know to change on the 5/12

i switched back to 4/14-1 because i was getting random blue screens. not sure if the bios was the problem but ill see i they stop now

510-X are good especially since they support the new upcoming X2 cores [Manchester and Toledo] and also support the yellow slots for high voltage ram but for me 414-3 and 310P are still the better bios versions to date.

You should give the new 615 a try they just came out, Im testing them right now.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14342