[Resolved] Cant get USB 2.0 on ultra-d

So i just put together my new pc (specs in sig). I downloaded the usb 2.0 driver in the dfi cd but windows still says I dont have usb 2.0 hi speed ports. Can someone help me out with this thx.

Go to control panel device manager System and uninstall (ALL _) USB stuff and then reboootand let windoze find them.

That worked for me anbd I figured it out by searching the error message after a USB pen was in it 5 minutes after windoze came alive and I got a "this could be faster" message.

Somewhere there is a thread here that I used, but I didnt save the link. I would find tht thread and use it.

When I go into device manager there are two separate Universal Serial Bus controllers. One has Standard OpenHCD USB Host controller, USB composite device, and Usb root hub under it. And the other has pci class usb 2.0 enhanced host controller and usb 2.0 root hub device. I guess I should get rid of the first one since the second is the 2.0 controller. How do I uninstall it?

Someone posted about this exact same problem in the Nforce2 Forum yesterday. Hmmm...

I advised them to just uninstall them, reboot, and let Windows find and install them again. Must have worked because they never posted back(don't you just hate that) :D

USB 2.0 Drivers are included in WinXP SP1 and above. No need to install any other drivers, the ones on the CD's tend to be for other Operating Systems... In fact, that is the only way you can get USB 2.0 Drivers for XP. You cannot download stand alone ones(Microsoft did have some on their site for a short while but withdrew them when SP1 was released). You might find drivers to "enhance" the USB 2.0 Drivers for particular chipsets(think Via do some...) but thats it.