How has Venice cpus changed your TCCD ram clock settings ?

Guest eva2000_merged

Guest eva2000

Question for Venice cpu using DFI NF4 users.

How has changing from winnies/newcastle/clawhammer cpus on DFI NF4 to venice cpus, changed the bios memory timing/settings used for your Samsung TCCD ram ?

Particularly with respect to Gskill PC4400LE TCCD ram, any changes to drive and drive data strength, TREF and vdimm used that differ when using Venice cpu ?

Which bios used, which dimm slots used ?

Care to share :D

The only thing so far is I've had to disable CPC at >240MHz or so :( But I'm working on it. I can pass memtests at 1T at over 300MHz, but it reboots when starting to load Windows unless I wind the CPU speed right back. At 2T I can get up to 2.75GHz stable on the Venice, but not even 2.4GHz at 1T. It's faster in the former configuration, so that's how I run it.

Guest burningrave101

You should install the 510-3 BIOS JimX for lower voltage TCCD RAM. The 510-2 BIOS is intended for high voltage RAM.

Guest Zero

buuu

a friend told me -1 was for tccd and -3 "all mem"

now i have to flash 510-3 :P

i don't yet have the psu so i am not ocing.

Guest burningrave101
The only thing so far is I've had to disable CPC at >240MHz or so :( But I'm working on it. I can pass memtests at 1T at over 300MHz, but it reboots when starting to load Windows unless I wind the CPU speed right back. At 2T I can get up to 2.75GHz stable on the Venice, but not even 2.4GHz at 1T. It's faster in the former configuration, so that's how I run it.

I'm having to do the same now. I'm Memtest error free but it just keeps rebooting on me when it starts to load windows. I'm running a divider and 2T so that i can be stable at 2.8Ghz.

Guest burningrave101
Same, have to run 2T at anything over 230HTT.

On that 3700+ San Diego you have or another Venice chip you have?

on the san deigo. On the venice I had before I experienced pretty much the same though certainly I was not able to stabilise it at 255HTT - 230HTT was okay. So I changed the CPU thinking it was the memory controller to the San diego I now have which is doing pretty much the same.

My problem is using memory divider 180/166/150 on high HTT. All settings above 9x310 or 8x340 makes BSOD or instantly restart when WinXp starts. I tried all BIOSes from 414-1 to 510-3, tried many settings with alpha timings and my problem still exist. I know that my Venice 3000+ 0517EPAW can reach 2912 Mhz on 1,58V SPi 32M ( Testing on My friend PC : DFI + A-Data Vitesta 600 + Antec Tp550 ) so I'm confusing why on my config can't do even ~2800. I haven't any problem with divider 200, all runs great, but when I switch to 180 and below, I notice many BSODs or restarts even on 7x300, 8x300 etc.

Well managed to get it stable at 275HTT, but cannot stabilise it at 255 and the memory appeared to top out at 290 at least with the settings I tried.

I have noticed that the settings for 275 do not work at 255 so it is possible they will also not work above 290. It seems as the HTT alters the ram behaviour changes. Also increasing ram volts to 2.9 from 2.8 at 275 totally unstabilises the system.

odd stuff.

Ram divider 180 does not work though 166 should

Try lowering HTT to 3x rather than 4x if you haven't already