Machine not loading windows using "restart" function.. Only

Guest Slash_merged

Guest Slash

If i am in windows, and i log off and choose "restart" the machine will reboot and hangs at the windows logo with the moving blue bar....

The only way to get past it is to shut the computer 100% off and then reboot fresh.

Any ideas?

Guest Slash

Also i've only had the problem on this setup since I added an extra raptor and used raid 0... Never happened with one raptor and SATA RAID turned ON in the bios..

Hmm warm boot issues usually it's the opposite (cold boot). Which BIOS are you running?

Do you have your AGP frequency locked to 66MHz? I don't know if this would affect the SiI controller or not, I'm just thinking of the Ultra-D how if you modify the PCI-E frequency it can affect the sata drives.

Man this problem is weird I think that's the reason nobody has really posted about it. Is your system otherwise stable (memtest86/prime95)? Maybe you just need a bump in vcore.

But yeah BIOS ver is key, I would recommend 6/19 official.

Guest Slash

yeah.. I need to upgrade bios's just for the sake of speed and other things as well! I have the stock bios!

*gasp* stock bios?

Flash 6/19 immediately. I would recommend using awdflash from dos but there are those who like winflash. Also load optimized defaults after you flash.

6/19 will be good for your mobile too when it shows up. But try that agp freq and see what happens.

Guest Slash

For some reason now its working fine.. all I did was go from 166x11 -> 200x11 and bump the voltage.. maybe my chip dosent like running at its default speeds lol