?need help: speed up hibernation on infinity

Hi,

It's take me approximately 5 minutes to complete hibernation and the same to resume.

I've read that INT13 tweaking would save the time. How could I tweak INT13? Or maybe there another way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Thanks for your attention connector!

My "hibernation" is suspend to disk (S4 mode).

I try to use MS bootvis to trace this process. Bootvis can't show a clear shot, but its disk graphs present a warning message: Disk cache was disabled. And I think that "It's dfi all, is't it? How could I find a solution?

High again,

Don't have experience with Suspend-to-Disk, sorry. If disk caching is disabled, no wonder that resuming takes some time. BIOS should explicitly support Suspend-to-Disk, otherwise you will have no luck. Had some hassles with S3 too, now working. Maybe you can give this Stand-by mode a try.

Connector

Well, if you're interested in disk caching, hit windows+pause to open up sys properties, go to the hardware tab then device manager, find your hard drive under 'disk drives', go to the 'policies' tab and then check 'optimize for performance'. This will turn on disk caching. The only downside is if you unplug your hard disk while your computer is running you could experience corruption (this is more of an issue for USB drives I think hehe).

I don't think a motherboard needs explicit support for hibernation, all it does is write everything in RAM to a file on disk and then read it back in when your computer boots. I personally don't like it (why do you want to save your memory leaks?) but hey I'm not everybody.

Anyway, other regular "slow hard drive problems" could cause this, how long does your computer to take to boot normally (to compare)? Maybe could you throw a benchmark up here using HDTach or ATTO?