Linux and IDE Raid

So i running currently with XP on a 150 GB IDE RAID (made from a 80 Gb and 100 Gb drive) ..

anyone have any experience with installing Linux on this board (preferably FC3 or Suse or Debian) and having it recognise the RAID drive ? I was hoping to be able to "resize" it with something like qparted and dual boot FC3 and XP.

how well are these boards supported in Linux in general ?

I dual boot xp and fc3 but i dont have a raid setup, check the documentation on the distro and see what it says on raids. as long as you have the most recent version i bet it will detect a raid setup automatically.

For dualbooting either use a seperate HD dedicated to linux, seeing how you have 80+100 thats not likely as linux only needs 5-10gb.

Or use a windows partitioning program, i use partition magic 8, and create an unformated partition, dont do anything to it no filesystem or anything. Boot the linux install and tell it to use the unformated space.

thanks for the reply .. i am going to check for the RAID Driver availability in FC3 .. or other distros .. i know knoppix see's the disks separately..

glad to know that at least FC3 will work with the rest of the boards hardware.

• 2 weeks later...