My New Cpu

It was just delivered today. i was going to try to install it myself. but it seems pritty difficult. so i am going to bring it to the guy that built it and have him do it. how far do u guys think i will be able to OC. this bad boy. Also, i have and asus a7v8x. and it unlocked my old cpu. do u think it will unlock this one, or will i have to do some wire trick crap.

thanks,

jay

Edited by jayvio

in order to get to the cpu and take off the old heatsink i think i would need to remove the mobo. and doing that means tacking everything else out as well.. or maybe i can just try to do it with the mobo still in there . what do u think

its not difficult at all to install......i oced my 2500 barton to 2.26 right out of the box.......i think you'll get a decent overclock....and about the unlocking, yes it will unlock, and make sure you update bios

OK, I just had it installed. i am giong to the bios now to OC. it. I will let you know how it goes

i have it clocked to 2183MHz. right now. but i have a question. when i was watching the guy put the heatsink on my cpu. after he put it on he lifted it up and moved it around a little before he could clip it on tight. i hope the the thermal grease didn't get screwed up. because it isn't running hot but hotter than before like 47C at full load. the old one ran at 40- 42.

also i just ordered a volcano 10, with a thermal pad, to put on it. when i take the old heatsink off. what do i clean the old grease off of the cpu with.

thanks for your help so far.

Edited by jayvio