nForce2 Tweaker V0.2 - Online

I can update ya on a newer driver for sound later on tonight after christmas eve is all over with ;), I will have compnay today, family ^^.

It no longer bsod's, and I figuered out the analizer bug thing, still happens but I figuer out a way to get it working if it ever happens.

As for the sound issues, I have'nt had them in quite some time now :).

That io'sys bug, I've seen it before ;).

In my 2k3 pro sp1, it's my win pe, runs off a dvd.

My win pe is bare min for now and I have'nt worked on it for some time, the newer ver's of s&m give me that error :(, so no checking with s&m unless I'm in windows, the installed kind :(.

As for 2k3 adv server sp1...

I get that error once the very 1st time I run s&m, if I say just installed windows and have'nt run s&m before.

After that it goes away, ie the 2nd run it's all cool.

That's wierd that xp sp2 does that, are you on xp home by any chance?

In xp home you're not a real admin :(, makes for some real fun when trying to setup a netwrok and you only allow real admins to have access to your drives :.

You can go into safe mode and get some admin access from there, but I'm not to sure on how to doit anymore, been a while.

Just go into safe mode, and I think you del all the old profiles, setup the admin account(?) and then restart and it allows you access.

Unless maybe it was to chnage a user to a real admin, I forgot.

If at all possible, get get xp pro, it'll save you from this prob straight up.

It has all the admin console so you can setup user rights and etc, etc.

You're on home edition right?

Anyways I can check up on my pcr files in a while, liek I said, would be tonight.

Touch them off and upload them.

I got most of everything in them, if not I can add it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I up'ed it but I can't check if it's a good upload, to big for me to dl without timing out, probably, I did'nt try.

http://www.savefile.com/files/3126395

Give me a holler if the dl worked or not.

Install it, then use both the installed cpl and the one in the extras folder(in the rar) with each other, probably not at the same time though.

You "can" run them at the same time though....

Use the installed cpl to setup everything at 1st, then the extra one to touch it off.

I can explain more on the details another time.

Anyways check this one out and see if it stops your probs.

Next time I'll up int he modifiactions section for everyone to play with.

Well, anyone can play with it now, np's, but I'd like to add nf3 and nf4 device id's toit next time, and then defaults.

I can do some further study on what files to use next time as well, I only fixed the bsod's on this release, ie if you install on a heavyly modified windows it would bsod when installing :, not anymore though.

That and I can add a readme, and some specifics on how to setup everything to it's max potential, and what bugs there is, and how to get around them.

All that stuff:).

Anyways I collected my pcr's together.

The last time I up'ed them, was recently on some thread I dn what one, they were my really old ones.

I del those.

I gathered together my new ones, err I made them a while ago but I went through them again to make sure everything was in order.

For the most part.

Oh shoot.., I gotta re-check one more thing....

Anyways the via pcr's, I updated the comments in them, added VIA toit.

The nvidia pcr's..., one is from a 6600gt.

Came from my kernal src code that I had lol....

Well parts of it ^^.

I did'nt sign anything ;).

Not much there though for now, I can finish up diffrent things later.

I think I forgot to add what I thaught may be the queueu depth to the agp bridge though..., ohwell, like I said I can touch up later.

Ah yep, I still had those drives str's and slew rates swapped around.

I just re-arranged them to make sence for everyone, ie normal.

Like anyone's bios, and my newer ones.

Also I just added slot 4 to the mix, but I dn where the fake one would be..., ohwell.

I mean every slot has like a fake extra drive and slew rate config, that you can 00 out if you wanted to, does'nt do a thing.

• 3 months later...

Well, thanks fot the driver try, NEOAethyr, but we now all know that I did not use the oboard sound, so... no help. But thx for trying hard, made.

Let's back to the sticky question - NF2 Tweaking:

Anyone know, if there is any more user-friendly application in the world that allow tweaking the drive strenght and slew for - best all four supported by nF2 - dimm banks???

As for the NF2 Tweaker - I was on XP Professional, never on Home. It won't run even on SP 1.0a, so the SP2 is migth not me up to the blame. Well, in fact it runs - but try setup some startup settings and reboot. You get this:

IO.DLL_permission.gif

and then

IO.DLL_permission2.gif

Well, Im admin and why in the name of God I can't run normal software, that is beyond my understanding. Can anyone enlighten me, how to make THIS work? :confused:

I checked with FileMon how many things this proggy acces and the list is, well, excessive :rolleyes:

The weird thing that next time I run it, it works flawlessly. But after reboot - here we go again! :shake: Maybe if I could make something the proggy save "stick", then...???

Well, thanks fot the driver try, NEOAethyr, but we now all know that I did not use the oboard sound, so... no help. But thx for trying hard, made.

Let's back to the sticky question - NF2 Tweaking:

Anyone know, if there is any more user-friendly application in the world that allow tweaking the drive strenght and slew for - best all four supported by nF2 - dimm banks???

As for the NF2 Tweaker - I was on XP Professional, never on Home. It won't run even on SP 1.0a, so the SP2 is migth not me up to the blame. Well, in fact it runs - but try setup some startup settings and reboot. You get this:

IO.DLL_permission.gif

and then

IO.DLL_permission2.gif

Well, Im admin and why in the name of God I can't run normal software, that is beyond my understanding. Can anyone enlighten me, how to make THIS work? :confused:

I checked with FileMon how many things this proggy acces and the list is, well, excessive :rolleyes:

The weird thing that next time I run it, it works flawlessly. But after reboot - here we go again! :shake: Maybe if I could make something the proggy save "stick", then...???

you must extract the files from the zip/rar than it must work.

• 1 month later...

You funny guy. Of course I did it ;)

Yet it refuse to work and mainly work on startup with automatic function!

(to set the fast values on low-end nForce2 folding mobos)

IO.DLL_permission2.gif

Well, Im admin and why in the name of God I can't run normal software, that is beyond my understanding. Can anyone enlighten me, how to make THIS work? :rolleyes:

I understand that it probably require some tweaking of the security settings, but hey - what to do? I don't like the idea of installing XP SP1 just to make it work, so I hope someone can help me to archive the goal quicker.

Thanks for helpfull responses - and if some explaination WHY this is happening will be done - the better.

PS. I tried register the dll:

regsvr32 windownssystem32IO.DLL

...but it does not work/help at all...

I hear that it might be something like:

"SP2 guards system files more rigorously. MS calls it 'Data Execution Prevention'. That could account for your problem. You can create an exception on a file by file basis, but you can't turn it off. XP and XP-SP1 don't have the DEP security feature."

Mmmmkay, accorfing to the M$, the 'Data Execution Prevention' could be easily disabled when moding the Boot.ini file like this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352

Set the /noexecute=AlwaysOff into the Boot.ini, however the problem persist.

Still is says that IO.SYS is present, but the driver cannot connect to and EPrivilege :mad:

I mean mainly these tweaks:

nForce2_tweaker_wanted.gif

Possibility to select even lower latency timings (as low as 0) will be even better, as the machine have absolutely NOTHING to do with any graphic or PCI devices and all speed is put to the folding AND lower latency improve the speed of CPU a lot (hexus PI benches, for example)

And at last but not last I fing out that this problem does appear on WinXP SP1.0a.

Now a help really need help.

I would kill to have such settings set at start, but... The thing refuse to work :mad:

And even Hellfire rev. 3 bios for DFI LP B did not support 11-2-2-2-7-12... Only 11-2-2-2-9-12 ...