Bsods, Randoms, ... **resolved**, Took Some Good Adv.

Well We went through about everything. And my wife struck this notion in my head of something I had said myself earlier.

I was getting random BSOD's, Usually never same the one, yet varied between just a handful, 0x8e, 0x0a, ox9c, bleh bleh bleh, All started with the install of my vid card in my sig, and an additional 2G mem. Only when running COD4 was this happening. I know my o/c was deadly stable so that was a dead scratch out. Well the last error I undertook while running vista took out my system. somehow or another it backfeed into my bios and trashed it: A simple clear did the trick then reloaded the bios.

Anyways, I said maybe it's Dicksta; so I installed XP Pro SP2 x64, same crap, Random anything, either cod4 shutdown, BSOD, random errors, who knows. JUST RANDOM CRAP..

So, here's the good part, we've had this discussion before abotu quality of PSU, I was tossing a few things over, my wife said, go to teh bank, pull the $ out and TRY a PSU before you send XFX yoru mobo and Vid for testing. She reminded me I had mentioned this perviously as could easily create a hellish enviroment for our PC.

Off to Best Buy, (easy to buy / return IF it fixed the issue) $103 Antec Earthwatts 500w, ... Along is a picture of what it currently looks like... mind this is and was for testing only,

I have to pull my CPU fan to get PSU in / out,

All in all, IT FIXED IT

So, PSU quality rocks, I determined the vid card was loosing / dropping power through out playing, and it was casuing errors, system wide. Becuase they are gone. By golly I nailed them !!@#()$*!@)# down.... Now off to tiger for some PSU hunting, I'm sure I could pick this same antec up for half price at newegg or tiger.

And back to putting Vista back in, I like it now ( I can't belive I'm saying that)

And if you know a really good, fairly cheap modular (100 or less) please let me know I need all the help w/ cable management I can get.

Mushkin 550w for $75 after rebate, how good of a PSU is it!!!?

Mushkin PSU, $100 ???

Antec Basiq ... $90 modular, From Antec...

Or do I keep the Antec 500w that I have cause with what I'd pay in shipping from newegg I might as well, but cable management would definetly be a hardcore issue.

**Oh and I forgot to mention, My framerates seem to have also increased on a base average of 8 FPS. Is this possible from better power delivery? I don't know... Could be because I was runnign 169.25 drivers too heh heh. Vista is back in, results soon to come. ***

post-31830-1212481360_thumb.jpg

Edited by pvtgump