XP Troubles

KD7HRP

Hello. Just started using XP. So far so good. All of the sudden now when I try to goto MY COMPUTER. XP says that is encountered a errors and needs to close. I try again it has no problems ??? Any help or suggestions would be helpful...

The "error" says that "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem & needs to close" I am running this on a AMD 400 mhz machine. Not runnig very fast. Wanted to test out XP. I will be building a new computer with AMD 1.5mHz Athalon on a ABIT MB KR7A. As the funds allow. But for now, the errors message has just started.  :)

LOL i was getting that same error about 6 months ago turns out my harddrive was no good. I was losing files faster then i could put them in. But it could be windows you never know lol. It could be because its AMD hahahaha had to say it.

Well it is hard to say... will need to figure it out. This error only seems to happen when I tryn looking at MY COMPUTER . After Windows resets I am able to get into MY COMPUTER on the second try.... seems more like a Windows issue that a hard drive.

I personally would get pissed at it all together and just format everything and try to go to clean slate! i have done that a few times, i dont like figuring out wierd problems! i also ran into the issue that i was using a copied winxp cd that made windows have many many wierd freak errors until i used the original and it works fine now!