Thanks Fro All Your Help

Just to let all the people who helped and sugested things to try...... In the end i sent the Phenom 9850 back to AMD and they tested it and said it was running 54-56 Max under load so they returned it. I got it this morning and it looked like the postman had been playiing football with it, i opened it and the CPU had come out of its plastic container and had been bouncing arround inside the box, as a result lots of pins had been bent, quite badly, I called AMD imidatley and the head engineer said he would arrange a replacement! RESULT! I have returned it to holland and should get a new Processor in 2 weeks, so when it comes i expect it to run cooler- no matter what AMD said- I tried everything, even putting an identical Phenom in my rig and it ran aprox 20 degrees cooler.

So thanks again to all you who gave me pointers. I will let you know how the new CPU goes when i get it.

Easy

Warby

P.S. If your in England and have a AMD CPU problem, ask to speak to Niccolo, he is a very helpfull guy and knows his stuff.

P.P.S. My origanal comment on Micro Direct still stands... Stay clear (rude and unhelpfull)