Gigabyte Ex38-ds4 & Ozc Vendetta 2

So I bought this MOBO Gigabyte EX38-DS4 and the Vendetta 2 as the CPU cooling solution. I just reread teh review that used the same combo and it reads that we have an issue with blocking RAM slots. Unsure if I move the fan as the article read if I can run dual channel in dimms #2 & #4? Anyone with this board and if so can you recommend a different cooler that won't block any dimms?

Guest ajmatson

You can either turn the fan towards the rear of the case and run in slots #2 and #4 it will run in dual channel for you. Or you can bend the fins of the heatsink upward to install a standard size module in slot #1 but i did not want to damage the Heatsink fins so I went with slots #2 and #4.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks,

Any recommendations on a cooler that won't block the first slot no matter what? I bought Corsair Dominators 2x2 and their fins are high so I do need clearance if I go the full 8GB at some point. Thinking the ZALMAN CNPS9500 http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...N82E16835118003

Since you seen what type of clearance can you make your best guess on a good cooler that won't block that slot?