Q6700 Oc...

JeeFo

Ok, so I'm new to overclocking. I've tried playing around with settings and stuff in BIOS, but no luck. I've gotten bios to show 3ghz, but it was unstable in Windows, and cpuz and 3dmark both showed 2.66 (default). I've also read the basics and I still cant get it to work. I've read online that its easy, so I need help!!

Heres my setup:::

EVGA 780i SLI motherboard

q6700 quad core

2x 2GB OCZ SLI Certified memory

2x BFG 8800GT OC

Antec 900 case

i have a q6600 with the same mobo, alot of people seem to be getting 3.6 with >1.50+ v but i cant touch that, try for 3.2 thats what almost everyone i know if you have (g0) stepping

what are your temps for your best OC?

otherwise , for a quick try, set you cpu core to 1.5v (its still in the green) i didnt have to touch any other voltages except RAM and make sure your running them at maufactur. specs.

then goto your expert settings > link ram, go down and sync it, try

Q6700 333Mhz 1333QDR 10x 667Mhz =3330Mhz

or you can try like 8x multiplier 400 QDR for 3.2....

oh and disable CPU thermal control in cpu config,

see if that helps

Ok, so I've read through the artice and everything and tried playing around more. The highest I was able to get is...

2.95GHz which put me on 3dmark06 at 14889, up from about 13500 at stock. I tried running CoD4 (SLI 8800GT 512MB) and at 1680x1050 on all settings maxed, I was pulling between 70 and 100 fps. On stock with one video card i was getting about 80 constant with the same settings. I set CoD4 with Dual Video Cards= Yes before running the test. Any idea why I'm pulling so low of frames??

ok i've read and seen a lot of people freak out when hearing to use nTune. i actually used the tweak 3hr test feature and it got my system to 4200MHz PCI-E, ddr up to 887, and cpu up to 2.95. I benched and saw no performance gaims...