New ;aptop

mac173

I just got a Dell Vostro 1500. It has a Core2 duo (1.4 gig) 2 gig DDR2 ram and a 160 gig HD. The downside is the onboard video ((intel express chipset 965)

My question is, are there ANY games I can run? I have failed to get LOTRO, Morrowind, Guild Wars and BF2 to run. They all crash with error messeges about video. The funny thing is, its usually about the screen resolution, not inadequate video.

Any advice, or workarounds you know of? This is my first laptop, and if this is any indication, my last.

Edited by mac173

What's your resolution? If you can't get Morrowind to run, then it's not looking too promising for other games. Maybe you can run something like Puzzle Quest (addicting game), or StarCraft (that game runs on almost anything, and is still fun to play).

What's your resolution? If you can't get Morrowind to run, then it's not looking too promising for other games. Maybe you can run something like Puzzle Quest (addicting game), or StarCraft (that game runs on almost anything, and is still fun to play).

The native resolution is 1280 x 800, and that seems to confuse LOTRO. I just ran Morrowind sucessfully, so that is good.

• 1 month later...

It would probably be a good idea to see if you can manually set the resolution from a .cfg file in the install directory. I remember having issues running Halo PC on my laptop, only fix was to set a super low resolution (320x240) in the config file so it would boot, then I could set it to a tolerable resolution in-game.