Q6600 Go On Stiker 2

troy5061

Hi all, Im in need of some tips on a new system, ive done some searching but still cant find the info I need so hear goes.

What are some starting voltages I should set, same as a 680i?

Vore????? start at say 1.2625 and work up??

1.45 NB

1.5 SB

1.35 HTT

1.4VTT

Im looking to get 3.3-3.4ghz out of this system on air, is that realistic with this cpu? On an asus V-60 cooler.

Just looking for some starting points, thanks to all who reply.

System specs

Q6600 GO

Asus Striker II 780i

4gb Mushkin PC6400 800mhz ram

EVGA 8800GT

150GB Raptor

700w Psu

Edited by troy5061

Hi all, Im in need of some tips on a new system, ive done some searching but still cant find the info I need so hear goes.

What are some starting voltages I should set, same as a 680i?

Vore????? start at say 1.2625 and work up??

1.45 NB

1.5 SB

1.35 HTT

1.4VTT

Im looking to get 3.3-3.4ghz out of this system on air, is that realistic with this cpu? On an asus V-60 cooler.

This really depends.

OK first your vcore. What is your VID? Does it happen to be 1.26 or lower? If it is as high as mine (1.325) then there wouldn't be much sense in starting overclock experiments at a vcore lower than vid.

NB - well, I personally don't think you should increase it until you have to. I didn't have to increase mine until I started overclocking my memory. I got my chip pretty far with a minor NB increase. It wasn't until I started figuring out how fast I could run my memory that I needed any significant NB voltage increase.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum for some nice explainations and info about your SB HTT and VTT.

As to what expectations are reasonable for your overclock... Well, you'll have to try it out and see. My Q6600 has made it to 3.4 but there is no way I could run it there 24/7. I just helped my neighbor with his and the same vcore that only gets me to 3.1 got him to 3.6. And, thermally speaking, his G0 is far superior to my G0. We settled on a 24/7 overclock of 3.45 Ghz for him. His load temps with the same cooler and nearly identicle ambient room temps are 2c less than mine while his is running 345 mhz faster than mine is.

This really depends.

OK first your vcore. What is your VID? Does it happen to be 1.26 or lower? If it is as high as mine (1.325) then there wouldn't be much sense in starting overclock experiments at a vcore lower than vid.

NB - well, I personally don't think you should increase it until you have to. I didn't have to increase mine until I started overclocking my memory. I got my chip pretty far with a minor NB increase. It wasn't until I started figuring out how fast I could run my memory that I needed any significant NB voltage increase.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum for some nice explainations and info about your SB HTT and VTT.

As to what expectations are reasonable for your overclock... Well, you'll have to try it out and see. My Q6600 has made it to 3.4 but there is no way I could run it there 24/7. I just helped my neighbor with his and the same vcore that only gets me to 3.1 got him to 3.6. And, thermally speaking, his G0 is far superior to my G0. We settled on a 24/7 overclock of 3.45 Ghz for him. His load temps with the same cooler and nearly identicle ambient room temps are 2c less than mine while his is running 345 mhz faster than mine is.

Ill have to check the vid, its my friends system and im helping him oc it, he should have it together tomorrow. Thanks for the info