3pin fan cable splitter

I was wondering if there was a fan cable sold that would allow more 3-pin fans to be connected( not 3 pin to molex, a 1 fan to 2 fan connector). I want to be able to control the many fans that my case can have with the software fan controller that came with my board.

Well, chances are the main reason these are hard to find is because of peopel wantign to do what you want to do.

It's a bad idea to run higher power draw fans (most 120mm, higher RPM 92mm, a few 80mm, and even some smaller fans fit this category) from your motherboard's fan headers in the first place. Running more than one from a single header achives the same thing adding enough load that you could easily burn out the header and cause it to no londer work.

The best thinbg you can do is put the money you would have spent on these splitters and put it towards a hardware fan controller.

yeah, typically people avoid plugging ANY fans into the headers on the motherboard. best thing to do is spend 15 bucks and get a hardware fan controller. a sunbeam rheobus is cheap, and i love mine.

First I'd like to second what cchalogamer and airman said - not a good idea to use the header connectors on the motherboard for this.

But, it you insist on ignoring their advice you do so at your own peril and I'll give you some rope to hang yourself :-) - 4in 3-PIN FAN POWER Y-CABLE

First I'd like to second what cchalogamer and airman said - not a good idea to use the header connectors on the motherboard for this.

But, it you insist on ignoring their advice you do so at your own peril and I'll give you some rope to hang yourself :-) - 4in 3-PIN FAN POWER Y-CABLE

what you are saying makes sense. I think what I will do it use the 3-pin to molex connectors that my case provides and get lower rpm and dba fans (1400 rpm and below)