Flush/Fill valves?

searcher61

Ok, all you liquid cool guys and groovy chicks...though I have not seen any chicks here. I have a question regarding the use of valves to help with the flush maint. on a liquid cool system.

Well, I just got my first system and am now realizing I have maint. to do every few months. If I add 2 t-valves in line for flushing, I should be able to turn both valves when flushing, one line for bucket of water and the other for evacuation. And if I have screw on connectors on the lines to the buckets I would be able to remove when I am done and turn both valves back to the original position. Has anyone tried this?

Ok, all you liquid cool guys and groovy chicks...though I have not seen any chicks here. I have a question regarding the use of valves to help with the flush maint. on a liquid cool system.

Well, I just got my first system and am now realizing I have maint. to do every few months. If I add 2 t-valves in line for flushing, I should be able to turn both valves when flushing, one line for bucket of water and the other for evacuation. And if I have screw on connectors on the lines to the buckets I would be able to remove when I am done and turn both valves back to the original position. Has anyone tried this?

I thought about doing this when I built mine, but I'm glad I didn't go through all the hassle now. I've had mine running about two years now and I've never even added a single drop of fluid. I haven't had to do anything.

So I guess my question, like exeter implied, is what maintenance do you plan to do on a monthly basis?

I thought about doing this when I built mine, but I'm glad I didn't go through all the hassle now. I've had mine running about two years now and I've never even added a single drop of fluid. I haven't had to do anything.

So I guess my question, like exeter implied, is what maintenance do you plan to do on a monthly basis?

Interesting.... I see multiple answers...

• What type of maintenance does the system require? [Top]
    Very little. The reservoir level should be checked every 6-12 months, and refilled if necessary (which tends to be rare). We also recommend replacing the liquid in your system every 2-3 years, or if it becomes murky or discolored. Additional Koolance liquid coolant can be purchased inexpensively from Koolance.com, or your local dealer.

And

Q.gif

How do i flush my LCS?

A.gif

First take the LCS out of the Chassis.

2)Unplug line going into the pump.

3)put line into cleaning solution(water).

4)place line from the water reservoir into empty bucket.

5)Run the system outside of case. Water will run through system.

Thermaltake recommends flushing tubes every 3-5months

maybe it has to do with the coolent Thermaltake uses...Thats why I asked here.

Umm...I wouldn't take Thermaltake H2O suggestions.....

Well I think I found my answer for maint. I found this in another forum...

For what solution to use, I recommend about 90% distilled water, 10% pentosin antifreeze (that is what the VW/Audi blue and Toyota red antifreezes are). You can also find it online by the quart. I just went ahead and bought an entire gallon of Toyota red from the dealer for less than $20. I have enough to watercool for a long time. Along with this, add a couple of drops of any fish aquarium algaecide (pet section at Walmart- $3), and about 6-8 drops of alcohol-free povidone iodine (also walmart- $4) to act as a biocide. This will give you enough to drain/refill for a long time, and with this mix, you will not have growth problems.

95% deionised water, 5% valvoline zerex... I have run a rig with this for about 1.5 years with no maintenance at all... probably would have gone for more years if I didn't upgrade lol

If you have a T-line before the pump, you can pretty much drain the entire system by disconnect the top of the downpipe for the T, and putting it below the level of the pump, like syphoning petrol, but without the nasty taste lol