turning a dual core into a single core....

I was googling to find out the difference between different cpu cores, and stumbled across this. Is this person as ingenuously stupid as I think? If nothing else, I atleast give them props for being resourceful.

Which one are you talking about? Some games had dual core issues early on, common solution was set affinity in task manager. As for disabling a core for use you can, either at the OS level as described, or many 775 board offer the option to enable and disable the 2nd/3rd/4th cores (however you actualy have extra to disable).

So yeah...moving along now.

ok... wow. So I guess this person wasn't as dumb as I thought, I just had never heard of doing such a thing. I wouldn't think that any program would take a performance hit by running on a dual core machine. I would think it would just run on one single core and do that. oh well.

It's nto so much a performance hit, but an instance where it crashes :lol:

COD2 had problems before an early patch was released, I think the Need for Speed game from that time had issues, many others aswell to varrying degrees.

It's nto so much a performance hit, but an instance where it crashes :lol:

COD2 had problems before an early patch was released, I think the Need for Speed game from that time had issues, many others aswell to varrying degrees.

crashing might be somewhat similar to a performance hit :D