IP35 Pro c2d e6750 Overclock Problems, need help

ledfortr

I recently purchased a replacement to my old OC rig and have had a lot of problems getting any type of OC rolling.

IP35 Pro (9/7/07 bios)

C2d e6750

winfast GeForece 8800GTS

Corsair xms2 1024x2 C4

Ultra V-Series 600 Watt PSU

zalman cnps 9500

Antec p120 case

I am very familiar with overclocking and have never had any issues. I had a p5b deluxe with e6400 and was rock solid @3.2. Now with my new equipment (new items are mobo and proc) I can't get ANY OC at all! I am running the latest BIOS and when I try to make any edit to the uGuru section of the bios, voltage, clock, fsb etc... the system will hang right after the RAID controller loads. I can get back into the bios at that point but if I try to change back what I changed, it still hangs. To be able to get into the system, I have to reset the bios (thank god for the easy reset switch externally available).

I have reflashed the bios with no problem but still am unable to get any type of OC on this combo. Please let me know if anyone has experience similar issues or if I am just doing something stupid wrong. I am not as familiar with abit so any help would be appreciated.

Note* Even disabling CPU features like c1e causes a lockup, even without voltage/fsb changes. I also memtested the ram up to 1066 by underclocking the CPU and setting the ratio crazy high. I can underclock, just not OC.

Thank you!

Edited by ledfortr

Does it run at stock? I mean, if you just set the bios to defaults, does it run okay?

Yea, it runs at stock.

I can also run the uGuru utility in windows and test it up to 400fsb and apply it, i just can't do it in the bios.

did you try flashing to different BIOS versions? Possibly an older one? On my DFI Blood Iron, the newest BIOS only contains micro code changes for Wolfdale/Yorkfield chips, so I don't need that.

I'm trying now to update it to the 5/17/07 version, my friend has the same board and runs rock solid on that version with a 30% OC... ill know in a few minutes. BTW, thanks for everyones immediate feedback :)

interesting... i flashed with a bios revision a couple out of date

1. flashed bios 5/17/07

2. changed mem to 2.1v, 4-4-4-12

3. attempted boot, windows started to load !! Once i saw that, i turned it off to further tweak

4. set FSB to 375 and cpu to 1.40v

5. it start to load and all my drives were gone!

next step, ill flash with the next bios version...

revision 11 gave me the same issues as revision 10, booted initially, lost all my drives with any slight change to FSB/v. I am at a loss, im just going to continue flashing inrementally up until i am at the current revision. If it still acts up, I'll RMA this thing. I thought the IP35 pro was solid...until now.

I may try one more thing in troubleshooting, I think it might be more trouble than its worth but i can swap out my e6400 and see how it performs.... i doubt it will give conclusive results.

i think its a problem with th PSU, i just had the board plugged in, video and a HD and im able to OC to 400fsb, mem @ 2.1 5-5-5-18. I can't actually boot into the HD (primary) but the bios sees the drive and windows xp install disk sees the drive.

i may reinstall and see if it works....

• 2 weeks later...