Newbee Trying to overclock a 3800+ manchester

deathshead

Here are my specs>>>>>>>>>

Mainboard : Asus A8N-SLI Premium

Chipset : nVidia nForce4

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2000 MHz

Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR-SDRAM )

Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 7800 GTX

Hard Disk : Maxtor (300 GB)

Hard Disk : WDC (74 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A

DVD-Rom Drive : Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device

Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 2405FPW - 24 inches

Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

DirectX : Version 9.0c (July 2007

I got it to overclock using AIBooster to 2200MHZ but after that everything freezes on me then I installed nTune and tried over clocking with that program but ever thing freezes for me. What do I have to do to get this up to say around 2400mhz?

Can i over clock using nTune with this mother board and do I have to uninstall AiBooster for it to work and do i have to go into the bios to do anything?

I'm not to sure how to overclock the ram.

I have a thermaltake 90 cooling on the chip

I know its alot of questions Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SP32_20071121_021554.bmp

Here are my specs>>>>>>>>>

Mainboard : Asus A8N-SLI Premium

Chipset : nVidia nForce4

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2000 MHz

Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR-SDRAM )

Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 7800 GTX

Hard Disk : Maxtor (300 GB)

Hard Disk : WDC (74 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A

DVD-Rom Drive : Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device

Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 2405FPW - 24 inches

Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

DirectX : Version 9.0c (July 2007

I got it to overclock using AIBooster to 2200MHZ but after that everything freezes on me then I installed nTune and tried over clocking with that program but ever thing freezes for me. What do I have to do to get this up to say around 2400mhz?

Can i over clock using nTune with this mother board and do I have to uninstall AiBooster for it to work and do i have to go into the bios to do anything?

I'm not to sure how to overclock the ram.

I have a thermaltake 90 cooling on the chip

I know its alot of questions Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah NEVER use software and definately not the asus ai booster! I got that chip to oc to almost 2.6 and I have almost the same mobo as you you just got some extra fancy heatsink thingies. Also do not push thos cpu to far to fast , like making the jump from 200 to 220 that is just asking for it to crap out. go real slow change your htt link from 5x to 4x and turn your ram from 400 to 333 both of these adjust ments can be fount in the cpu config on you bios. If you ask me that is why it is freezing I only say that because I had the same problem did that and wahlah! oc'd like a charm!

good luck!

Hi,

Ive got an ASUS Crosshair Motherboard running an AM2 X2 3800+ @ 260 Bus / 1300HT Link @ 2.6Ghz (with 1G Geil Ultra CL4-4-4-12 ram @ 866Mhz (set as DDR2 667 in bios but the clock rises with your bus overclock) & a nVidia 7950GT 512Mb 256-bit @ 600/1500 24pp stock cooling) and is stable as hell. Im not even sure what voltage as i have not changed this, but using a Scythe Infinity cooler and i altho i do have a 12cm fan on it, it stays on the lowest speed most of the time to keep it silent. Ive never had one little prob with this setup, altho my motherboard is a lot better.

Before i got the Scythe Infinity cooler i had it @ 2.2Ghz on stock cooling and was running fine as well so you might have some sort of problem, but who knows.