Check out my overclock

roblox84

I just built a new system for a few new games that are coming out that need high requirments. Just wanted your opinions on this overclock since i am pretty new to this. Current Setup is as follows: Athlon 6000x2, 7600gt (no funds for 8800), 650 watt ps, 2 gig corsair 800 memory, 320gig se16 hd. I have the cpu overclocked to 3.3 using 220 bus speed and 15x multiplier at around 1.44 volts. HT is 1100 and memory is at 412. I was just wondering if this is an alright cpu to memory ratio. Also i was trying to overclock more, by going to 3.4 at the stock voltage but after about 15 min. i got the blue screen. So i guess it's time maybe for some better heatsink since i cant raise the voltage anymore without it getting to hot. Right now the temp is at 37c idle and around 44-45 at load and i do not want to get it higher then that with the stock heat sink.

Extra cooling wouldn't stop your computer from crashing. Extra voltage might do it but I doubt it. 3GHz is basically the cap for most of the x2 series(exceptions obviously being CPU's marketed with frequencies above that). A lot of people haven't even been able to get a 200MHz OC on x2 6000's you're lucky you got a 300MHz OC...I have no idea why you bought a 7600GT to go along with that system. For the price of a new one, you could have picked up an x1950GT(heck, even a PRO) and it would have smashed the 7600 into the ground. I have a 7600GT and even with everything else in my system(including the 7600GT) heavily OC'd I can barely run some of the newer games with any acceptable level of image quality(texture detail, etc). Save any money you can and wait for the next line-up of cards to come out then take your pick and don't bother pushing that chip any farther. That extra 100MHz you're shooting after is basically going to show no real-world performance increase.