Dell case

Does anybody know how to put a non Dell mobo in a Dell case?

I got this Dell case I like, which was used for a Dell 4100/4400 and since I can't get a Dell mobo I'm thinking about using something else. But the power supply is only 200W and if I change it with a better PS (larger) there won't be room for an ATX board.

As it is I have a hard time figuring how to screw the new mobo into the case.!!!!

Is this an impossible project? Or is just too much trouble.?

If your planning on putting a newer style motherboard in it that supports a newer proccessor don't bother. You need at least a 300 watt power supply on newer stuff. Putting a motherboard inside is very easy to do. Their will be instructions with the motherboard explaining how to do it. :D

Thank you for replyng. I'm familiar with mounting mobos but the Dell case has the motherboard on a metal plate which in turn mounts into the case with special slide-in hooks.

I think I should forget about it. Unless I can find the original board on E-bay.

Dell also has their own power connector setup. It's not a normal ATX, and will burn out a normal board.

That's another reason that their power connectors are so touchy. THey don't seat correctly.

IMO, dells suck, dude.

BRUNO