Stay Away Pt 2

Guest ecthlipsis

test 5 looping: c, 1, 3, 5, enter, 0

test 8 looping: c, 1, 3, 8, enter, 0

don't type them super fast and you'll get test 5 (moderate) and test 8 (hard) looping, test 5 is faster so good for initial testing, test 8 is a bit longer so better for later stages of testing

Guest ecthlipsis

I am mature enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I believe I was. I found a bad ram stick, and thus most of those issues are not to be blamed on Vista at all. STALKER and BF 2142 both hate Vista, but the other games probably would have worked perfectly had the ram been good.

I have yet to test out the games again now that the bad ram is removed (and glaring at me from the desk with malice), but I suspect that things will go much, much more smoothly now.

Vista is probably not 1/10th as bad as I thought it was.

It's a good thing you found the problem now, as I'm sure you would have had similar issues on XP. Then you would have felt really frustrated.

To be honest, if you're into games and performance, XP is the better choice. I have Vista and I'm always tempted to downgrade back to XP because of the performance issues. But then all the pretty eye candy draws me back :P