Can't overclock my E6400 past 2.52 GHz? D:

UG0TB4NN3D

The rated timings of my RAM are 4-4-4-12. I've got them set at 4-4-4-12 right now. I tried 5-5-5-15, aswell. No, I didn't up the voltage of the northbridge any. And the temp of my processor right now, idle, is 30-34C, Vcore 1.26 @ 2.6 GHz. I haven't checked full load yet, but I'll do that really quick and post back.

Core Temp reported full load temps of 59C and PC Probe II reported 49C.

Intel North Bridge= Memory Controller= You need to up the voltage on that as well

When you OC your CPU, you also OC your RAM and Memory Controller

Where did you read that 1.26v?

Edited by The Unforgivin

Intel North Bridge= Memory Controller= You need to up the voltage on that as well

When you OC your CPU, you also OC your RAM and Memory Controller

Where did you read that 1.26v?

Well, I'll give that a shot and see how it works.

CPU-Z and PC Probe II.

Also, would anyone happen to know if the fans that go on the radiators for the north and south bridge would cause any kind of overheating? The radiators are right beside the processor, and I want to put those on to try overclocking it some more, but I'm not exactly sure about them.

Well, I'll give that a shot and see how it works.

CPU-Z and PC Probe II.

Never Believe those, for instance, my 680i has it set to 1.55v, but cpuz reads it as 1.213 :rolleyes:

What do you have it set to in the bios?

In my opinion, you need to up the vcore and also the volts to northbranch to get further, but watch temps

An aftermarket cpu cooler is strongly advised.

Edited by Tallman

In BIOS, I believe it's 1.3v.

That might also be another factor, don't be scared to give it more juice. 1.5v is the general max for 65nm C2D cores.

1.42-45v and less are all doable on stock or decent cooling. 1.5v tends to make it very hot, which will tend to require a better cooler. (65-70c is the general max at load)

CPU Cooler 1

CPU Cooler 2

I was planning on getting that, but I don't want to get it unless I can get this processor up to 2.8, atleast. Was gonna work for 3.2 once I got that.

I'll try raising the volts of the northbridge and raising the CPU to like 1.375, or so.

EDIT:

I raised the northbridge to 1.5v from 1.4v, raised the CPU volt to 1.4v, and raised it to 2.7 GHz, but it failed. Then I raised the RAM's voltage to 2.2v, with all of the other volts still raised, and still got nothing.

Edited by UG0TB4NN3D