AMD Athlon MP

gotdamojo06

I have a setup sitting at home that the next time I go home I will set back up for 24/7 folding but it is a dual processor rig...

what I was wondering is if it is possible to have both cpus working on the same WU and if it is possible would that be better than having each cpu doing its own wu?

and you would set this up by installing f@h 2 times to diff directories and setting the priority under the task manager?

The only reason the rig is not setup and running right now is because it would be at my parents house and that thing is loud, and my parents dont want it running and keeping them away at night, they find it annnoying...so what im going to do is set it up in the garage of my parents house and use the wireless networking to keep it connected and use a crt (so i dont take the chance of an lcd monitor freezing in a cold michigan garage)

if it's gonna be out in the cold, you could reduce the fan speeds maybe (if they don't already get reduced via mobo fan control)

running two equal priority tasks, like two instances of folding with the same priority, will automatically run one on each cpu unless you did something wrong with the os

You need to set up two separate folders, one for each instance of folding (like you said).

Next, make sure you assign each instance a different machine id during the configuration process.

Last, make sure to run each instance with the -local flag, so that folding knows to use the configuration settings in the folder, not the ones in the registry.