• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed Bosco:

P4 1.5 gig

Dell Motherboard, 5 PCI, 1 4x AGP slots

330 Watt PS

Intel 850 Chipset

Memory Controller Hub:Intel 82850/82850E

I/O Controller Hub: Intel 82801BA (ICH2)

512 Meg 800 MHZ RD ram, PNY

PNY geforce 4 Ti 4400

Dell M991 19" Monitor @ 120 MHZ

52X CD Rom

4x8x40 CDRW

Win XP Pro

Quantum Fireball 20 gig HD

Maxtor 40 gig HD

Logitech dual optical USB mouse

Microsoft standard keyboard

That's about all I can think of.

Thanks allot Bosco

Crow

OK doesn't look like its to do with your system hardware. Have you double checked the bios settings? Make sure the video is set at 128mb AGP 4X video shadowing Off. You might have more settings in your bios or less. Let me know if there is any other settings in your bios. Double check your options for the card aswell. Make sure AA isn't turned on. Something doesn't seem right I'll give you that, as to what it could be your guess is as good as mine. But the more we narrow out the better.

My bios is a pretty barren place. The setting I do have and what they are currently set to are:

Video Controller: AGP (choices are auto or agp)

AGP Arpeture: 128

Shadowing: Off

In the card settings, I have it at:

Vsync: Off

AA: Off

And the top 2 checkboxes are checked in the opengl setting. I can't remeber what they say, I just know they are checked by default and I never changed them.

I really appreciate you racking your brain for me. Thanks :)

Crow

Ya now my brain is starting to hurt. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Try this install the driver from the cd do a madonion 2001 benchmark and give me the score.  ???

Ok I compared the scores your bang on. Actually a little faster then some. Have you double checked all your quake settings? Looked for patches etc. Which DirectX are you running? I don't think its the card now. Let me know about this, I have something else i want you to try if you don't find anything.   :D

MUUWAHAHAHA. Success at last! I tried allot of the settings that are on that page you pointed me to Bosco. Then after messing with all that stuff and having little results, I remembered reading that in one of his benchmarks, he ran it with sound enabled and disabled, getting better frame rates with the sound disabled. (as you would expect) So I ran the game with the sound disabled and there was no change. This led me to think there may be an issue with my sound card. I shut down, removed the card, rebooted and fired up Unreal T. To my utter shock, I found I can now get frame rates of up to 114 and no lower then 58 in 1600x1024 at 32 bit color and all the eye candy jacked up.