Mb Swap Either Froze Or Dead Slow

1)check that power and IDE cables to everything is connected good

2)check to see that everything (cards and ram) are put in good

3)Did you put the cpu and heatsink/fan on that mobo?

Take the heatsink/fan off along with taking the cpu off.

Put them in good and check to see you are putting the heatsink/fan on the right way.

I had a problem that sounds exactly like this and it ended up being #3 that was doing it to me.

One of my cpu heatsink/fans was put on backwards. God that was a pain in the @$$.

1)check that power and IDE cables to everything is connected good

2)check to see that everything (cards and ram) are put in good

3)Did you put the cpu and heatsink/fan on that mobo?

Take the heatsink/fan off along with taking the cpu off.

Put them in good and check to see you are putting the heatsink/fan on the right way.

I had a problem that sounds exactly like this and it ended up being #3 that was doing it to me.

One of my cpu heatsink/fans was put on backwards. God that was a pain in the @$$.

Checked all the cables and they look good, all the cards and RAM are in good, and the heatsink/fan/proc was already on and it has a "void waranty if removed..." sticker over the release arm. I didn't really mess with that but it may be my next step.

unplug your drives. see what it does.

next up would be to check a different PSU. outside of that I'd be checking with the mobo maker to make 100% sure that the ram you've got is compatible.

unplug your drives. see what it does.

next up would be to check a different PSU. outside of that I'd be checking with the mobo maker to make 100% sure that the ram you've got is compatible.

You know, I was just thinking about doing that. LOL I'll try that tonight.

Oh, let me also add that it doesn't always make it through the memory test, it will stop randomly each time. If I can get it to skip the memory test, thats when I can usually make it to where it detects the drives. (Which it sees them fine btw.)