Is This A Significant Upgrade?

top reason overclockers are buying DFI over Abit... the man who leads up thier design team LEFT Abit when ECS took over.

Asus also lost some top engineers to DFI when the tides changed and the lanparty boards came to be.

but like others have said, just stay with the board you've got. don't worry about changing yet. it's not going to get you any gains.

Thanks guys, that has certainly made it a lot more clearer to me now. I am sure you lot understand when you see something that seems worthwhile but there is a constant voice in the back of your head telling you to STOP!

I understand the layout of the Abit board is not so good, particularly with the ram modules being so close to the CPU and not in any real place where air flow can reach. I havent oced the 4400 yet as I understand that the toledo cores dont really go beyond 2.7GHz on the stock cooler. I am also wary about the memory which has to run at 2.75V on this board...so I guess IF I decide to do a mass upgrade, maybe the Conroe is the way to go......but as for current prices....ouch!

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to get a worthwhile overclock with a 4400 on a Fatal1ty AN8 with Corsair 3200XMS yet. MY last oc experience was with Athlon Barton 2500 straight to 3200 by simply buying 3200 memory. Now it all hinges on the memory and mobo if I am not mistaken.

Edited by emissary