Ok...so my 1.4 athlon doesn't like 1.6!

Guest osmg

So I had to break out my old Celeron 500 to type this!  My 1.4 was not very happy with a (11.5multiplier, 140fsb).  Yeah, I know...don't say a word.  I now lock up (black screen) after booting and can't get into the bios.  Is there a way to reset the to default values or do I need to clear my cmos?  

Thank for not laughing.

jay

If i knew what you were talking about at all, i might have laughed, but since im still learning stuff, i dont know what you did wrong and have no room to laugh.

well roger....it's looks like i crashed my computer and it doesn't want to play anymore.  Since i did get the answer to my question....I'll pass it on to you.  You have to clear your cmos if you cannot get back into your bios after overclocking too much.(system lockup at boot)

And don't worry about not laughing...it really wasn't that funny.

Guest KRiMZON

Pulling the battery out, and booting like that should set your default BIOS values.

Then shut er down, pop the battery back in, and you should be golden.

That is assuming you didnt fry your chip.

Depending on the motherboard and the BIOS version, you should be able to get the comp. going again by resetting 2 times and the hitting the insert key. But that won't solve you problem in the long if you want to overclock. Your problem there was that your PSU didn't deliver enough power to your monitor. You need to adjust your Vcore, Vagp and Vio in the BIOS so your comp will start up. But this is something that you'll have to finetune for your computer