Crackly Audio On New Ipod...

OptikaliLLusion

I got one of the new nanos for my birthday today... quite nice... but the sound gets crackly on some songs with lots of sounds going on. The volume's not very high. So is this just the result of not-so-great earphones? If so could someone reccomend me some good earphones, prefferably under 40 bucks and not "street-style (behind the neck)" ones? I was looking at those new Sennheisers but heard mixed results. I'd love a pair with good bass... I dont want to use battery power on the Bass Booster EQ.

I've gone through several iPods and have never had any problems with audio quality, and I've used everything from a pair of $5 headphones to the ones provided by Apple to high quality $150 headphones.

If you're experiencing a crackling noise with the provided headphones, you may have either defective headphones or a defective iPod. If you can get your hands on another pair of headphones (quality doesn't matter), test them on the iPod. If the crackling noise is still there, I suggest you get the iPod replaced.