Hoses

yoippari

At work I have access to scrap wirsbo or aquapex (same thing but I think wirsbo is the brand and aquapex is the product line though wirsbo is the common name). This is white semi translucent hose used in plumbing. What we use at the shop is 1/2" 3/4" and 1". I think we also have some 1-1/2". Now the tools to expand this to put it over the connectors are like $500 dollars but Ihave access to three of them and several guys who know how to use it.

It is a little stiff but as an example one guy put a kink in it (took a big angle to put a kink in it) then heated the tube up with a mapp gas torch. After a couple of minutes the tube became transparent and as it expanded due to the heat, the kink disappeared. The tube was as good as new.

My question is this: has anyone used this before? For those who have not what do you use and why? What are the qualities you look for in tubing?

transparent, flexible (like 100mm turning radius or so), erm... not uv-filtering, slightly pliable with boiling water, able to carry pretty much any mixture i want possible sub-zero...

that's all i can think of off the top of my head :D