Can't Get To 2.49

10Gauge

OK here is what I got. I did read somewhere that raising the htt voltage won't help anything.

Cpu Vcore 1.594

Dram 166 @ 2.75

Fsb 249

Htt x's 4=996

I can get into windows at those settings but it is not stable at all.

So my question now is. Should I raise the Htt voltage or try something else, or should I just give up. Temps at that vcore are at 32c when I get into windows. I had this ram at ddr480 speeds running at a fsb of 240. I don't think the ram is holding me back.

In order for me to hit 2.56->2.62 on my Winnie, I have to keep my vCore at 1.65. My RAM is at 2.8v right now.

Edited by FxXP

In order for me to hit 2.56->2.62 on my Winnie, I have to keep my vCore at 1.65. My RAM is at 2.8v right now.

600163[/snapback]

How long have you had your Vcore that high? I always heard that the memory controllers are sensative to higher voltage.

I'd keep the vcore at 1.6 or lower to be safe (sudden A64 death syndrome). You could try using a memory divider, the memory controller might just be freaking out because of the high frequency + high htt. Bring your memory back into spec and I bet it'll be fine (assuming your cpu can actually handle that frequency).

It's been at 1.65 volts for months. The voltages don't exceed normal thresholds. The Venice's/SD's/Opterons may be sensitive to the higher voltages, but this one loves it.

It's been at 1.65 volts for months. The voltages don't exceed normal thresholds. The Venice's/SD's/Opterons may be sensitive to the higher voltages, but this one loves it.

600237[/snapback]

Ok I just tried 1.614 and it only posted. I guess I'll try one notch higher. It's just frustrating knowing I had this proc higher at lower volts. If I can't get it I'll just start saving for an Opt. Also, everytime I reboot even at this stable frequency I have to hit the reset button like two times before It boots and beeps. And I get into windows and run some benches and play q4 for hours. What would cause that? I mean what would cause me to have to hit the reset button at what I consider to be a stable frequency.

Nspire

They had this locally about 10 mins away. It's alot heavier then any PSU I've had. I needed it in a hurry. I was thinking it was the PSU, but this thing works alot better then what I had originally, which was some generic 480 watt with 17amps on the 12v.

Edited by 10Gauge

Yeah that's the thing. I had this proc up to 2.7 stable in a gigabyte 939 nF3 board at 1.45 Vcore with a 166 divider and 4x's htt. But after putting this processor in a nF4 board I can't get even to 2.5, even with the same divider and 4x's. Same heatsinkfan and same temps. Plus I'm even using a better quality PSU.

600228[/snapback]

Now that is strange. It's possible the board just can't handle the fsb. :(

Try a 2x HTT multi also, it's actually a slight bit faster than 3x/5x. Something about the memory and the controller running at nearly the same speed or something.

Hopefully MSI has fixed the 2x HTT bug in their BIOS. My Gigabyte is able to work at 2x HTT, something my Neo2 wasn't able to do.