Hard Drive Upgrade

CrackHead

Currently my system is running

AMD 3700+

2x512mb

1x74gb Raptor

1x160gb external

Its gotten to that point that I am sure we have all reached once before and our lives and that being I have run out of disk space to put my abundence of crap lol. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to be getting rid of my external hard drive for sure and maybe even my raptor to pave the way for a new SATA II hard drive or maybe 2 if I have the $. If I end up getting rid of my raptor as well I will being running raid. If not the raptor will serve as an external sata drive. Anyways,

I have come before the members of OCC to ask for their help/opinon in choosing the best possible sata II hard drive(s). I have my mind set on either a seagate or a western digital. However different factors in their specs have me at a total confusion.

I could get the WD2500KS This drive seems perfect for me however the only thing missing is NCQ

or

I could get the ST3160812AS Although this drive has NCQ it lacks the 16mb buffer, and is smaller than I would like.

There is also a 300gb hard drive by seagate with a 16mb buffer and ncq however I have been unsucessful in my search for it so I am clueless as to where to get one, the price of such an item. It does however have a rather high seek time.

So in closing I ask would it be wiser to have a hd with a larger buffer and no ncq or a smaller buffer with ncq???

Please let me know as soon as possible as I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Doesn't the BIOS need to support NCQ, I thought they Did, I was about to order a NCQ drive some time ago, but I realized that my BIOS may not support it, Ill have to look it up. But I really don't NCQ does that much in terms of speed increases.