New To Oc

Nocbrute

the Zalman CNPS 7000cu (lr maybe the alcu if you want a lighter HS with a little warmer temps) will be nice for a Sempron setup, but yeah i used the cooler with the retail boxed chip and got good results for the money.

One thing the Zalman will be a tad tricky to install with an open core CPU so be careful...

Oh and it's a sempron, i will slap you if you watercool it...waste of money :lol:

heh thanks man, im buying the CNPS 7000cu-B

since the original does not support socket a, so it comes down to about 120$, Zalman Stock Cooler, 2 Ram HeatSpreaders - copper :), Northbridge Chipset Cooler - Cooler Master one - copper ofcourse :), and a new apsire dreamer case great for the price.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16811144026

hey guys im having a bit of a problem, my computer cannot finish the stable test (CPUHot) it gets to like 65*-68 and then turns off, should i put a temporary fan on it? ( this fan is bigger than my computer case).

it gets hot even when im not running the test, 60* only when im on occ, not even csing yet and its hot. :angry2:

Edited by Nocbrute

you should drop the OC until you get better cooling unless you want to kill the CPU...

AS for the stuff you picked out the Heatspreaders for the ram are mostly useless, ramsinks glued directly to the chips are the "best" option, but a fan blowing on bare chips works well for cheap. chipset cooler is mostly pointless with such a crappy chipset...It wont help your max OC much if at all, but adding a small fan to the current cooler may be worth the effort.

I personaly use that case, little small but it has better build quality most other cases of that size, jsut be sure to get a 120mm fan and two 80mm fans for it or else it gets a little toasty inside. (also be aware that some CD drives WILL NOT FIT W/O MODIFICATION (too wide in my case) the problem exists with the overhand of the front bezel had to file mine down a little) Oh and the PSU in that case version is better than the 350w that came in mine, but i wouldnt trust my system to run on it (well my system prob wouldnt even post with that POS) if you dont have a decent quality PSU that should be next on your list.

yooo :), guess what look at this mod i did lol, cheap mod by me! lol.

Fan.jpg

i put a big fan next to it, and moved everything. now the temperatre is stable @ 51.5*Celsius , 1.9ghz. i tried to make it 2.0 but it didnt boot nor on 1.95, anyone know why?

oh yeah the case fan is open, im thinking of using an airduct straigh to the fan, and maybe getting a new case with more airflow ( the aspire dreamweaver ) btw this fan gonna cost me 20$.

Edited by Nocbrute