Optical Drive Problems

ballista

I am having some problems with my combo drive just wondering if anyone here has some suggestions for me. Ok first off the drive is being recongnized by my Bios and it is listed in my device manager with an exclamation in yellow over it. It is not showing under My Computer. The error it is saying in my device manager is this "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)." So the driver is frigged I try uninstalling the drive and when I try to add it back I get the same error as listed above. Does anyone know how I can get this driver loaded and remember I have no working cd/dvd drives till I can replace this driver. I need some suggestions I can't play BF2 it's driving me insane! The drive is a Samsung TS-H492A and the rest of the pertinent info is in my sig. Oh and just so you know Samsung says this is a slim drive which it is not it's a full size internal drive. Also Samsung support truly blows!

Goto thier website and try dowbloading the driver and look for other technical support.

529060[/snapback]

Well I tried that but the software wouldn't recognize my drive without good drivers already being installed. So I tried it in a different computer and it worked fine so it is software related. But I fixed it anyway I had to do a system restore to a few days back and now all is well again. Thanks for the idea and help though.