My Next Rig

Goldeneye

Hi

I am new to the forum and I would like to say Hi to everyone here :)

I will be building a new computer soon and would like to know what you think about it. Could you please make any suggestions and opinions on this set up before I go ahead an purchase the system?

Aspire Blue X - SuperAlien Case

AMD Athlon 64 3700+, 939 San Diego core

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe

OCZ 600 watt Power Stream Power Supply

LG black dual layer DVD R/RW

OCZ dual channel Platinum PC 3200 DDR Rev 2, 2 X 512 MB

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal-compound

Vantec Black Nexus

Zalman Copper 7000 with blue LED (Model# CNPS7000B-CU-LED)

Western Digital 200 GB SATA (2 of them)

Western digital 74 Gb Raptor SATA

Evga 7800GTX PCI - E Video Card (Second for SLI Later On)

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card

Logitech MX 518 Gaming Mouse

Logitch Z5500 5.1 Speaker System

Thanks

Goldeneye

Very nice, but a few comments...

-Asus isn't bad, but as previosly stated, DFI mobo's are the house favorite.. so at least take a look at what they offer for you (it's a great board)

-I hear logitech is coming out with a gaming variant of it's MX-1000, suggest you look into that possibility... I heard it'll have something like 2000 dpi

-I also hear that Creative is coming out with a new sound card, you may want to look into that.

Besides that it's beautiful. I'm also using the Same ram there, as well as the Z-5500's & I've got them hooked up to an Audigy 2 plat pro. those are all good parts. but my comments are just some things to think about

also, why not go for 2x raptor on raid & get 1 200g, instead of 2 200g & 1 raptor..

Edited by JTEX1414

Thanks for the replies :)

I would go with DFI no questions but the place where I am buying all of my parts from doesn't carry DFI :( .

As for the Logitech MX1000 Gaming version when will it be released?

Thanks again

Goldeneye

I would go with DFI no questions but the place where I am buying all of my parts from doesn't carry DFI :( .

526715[/snapback]

I would actually recommend MSI over DFI in this case, more than likely. As many people often say, the DFI is great, but can be rather tough to work with if you're new to them. MSI will still give you tons of great OC options, but won't be quite as tough to get used to. Look for the MSI K8N neo4 SLI board. I'm not sure if the store you're working with will have that, but I'd go for that over the Asus. Like most people have already said, Asus is still good, but not nearly the "powerhouse" they were a few years ago anymore.

As for the Logitech MX1000 Gaming version when will it be released?

526715[/snapback]

LinuxProx just did a review

here, if you want to check it out. It's the 518 model. Very similar to the 510 (which I have and love), but a few more features.

Well if DFI, or MSI arent avalable i woudl go Gigabyte (great stability good OCing) or Epox (great price, good OCing, and from the one ive messed with one HELL of a board for the price)

Asus used to be a big name, but here recently i dont know anyone who bought one of there boards that hasnt had problems with it or been disappoinited with their soso features...

Pretty much the same story with Abit, one of the skt A "kings" yet in 939 i woudnt touch it unless it was between Abit and something like PChips....

wow... i want ... (mouse/keyboard)

i've heard people say that Gigabyte boards are great! i just havent actually seen one in action and dont know anybody who has 1 :( but yeah ... gigabyte isnt that big of a company in canada...

Edited by danyo64

Thanks for the replies :)

I talked to the sales person at the store where I buy my parts and it turns out that they only carry Asus for motherboards :( .

I know that my case comes with a PSU. Should I keep this PSU? I will be eventually replacing it when I get a second 7800GTX. Will it be enough until I add another 7800 and change the PSU?

Thanks

Goldeneye