System Rebooting

Hi I'm posting this thread for a friend, hopefully you can help him out.

Hi everyone,

I have a very strange problem that I have never seen before, and I have no clue what to do. First here are my computer specs:

Asus a7n8x-e Deluxe

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 400fsb

Corsair ddr400

Radeon 9800 pro

Maxtor 60gb SATA

Out of the blue, my computer will now just randomly restart without warning. It was mainly happening in windows, but nothing was showing up in my event log, which was pointing to a hardware problem. I needed to format my HD anyway, so I did it just incase it was a windows or virus problem. I formatted, and the problem is still here. My computer will just instantly restart without warning, at any given time. It can be on for several hours and restart, or restart when I first start up my computer, even before the post screen. It is totally random, and the restart is instantaneous. No beeps or delays, just restart. I am unsure of what can cause this problem, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: I also have not oc'ed. Have not flashed my bios lately, and it is not a heat issue.

Edited by ne1n

is it name brand? from what i am getting is that it might be a generic psu which might be causing the problems. try getting a name brand such as ocz, antec, or pc power & cooling. should that not work, update your bios.