I'm A New Modder

i want to build my own transparent case, maybe out of plexi glass. I also want some neon lights. I want a fullsize tower. Is it hard? What supplies do i need? i'm new, will i be able to do it? any and all suggestions please! :unsure:

i have already looked at that, thanks for the info., i was just wondering if anyone new anything about buildin a fulltower. i'm not sure what to do about mounting drives. i want to use plexi glass so it's all clear, but i don't want to use glue or anything so my drives are stuck. i was thinking about making something like a regular case, and just putting screws through the glass into the drives, i'll have to find longer screws though. anyone know anything post it. any and all info is good

Hi

I think the reason for the size of the case and the positioning of the various pieces of hardware is to strenthen the case. Laying the board flat instead of upright and putting the floppy drive in the corner would add extra strenth.

If you were to do this, I guess you would have to balance size/positioning with the thickness of the plexi. ;)

Regards

Mike

P.S. If you do decide to go ahead, post some pics here and in the case gallery :)

I built my own transparent case however I did not build a full tower, You may have problems making a motherboard tray, I however also mounted the drives and psu using screws through the side straight into the drive. You will also have trouble mounting your expansion cards to the case, to get round this I bent the card brackets straight and screwed them to the side of the case. I would suggest using some sort of brackets to hole it together because glueing it can be a right pain, there is very little surface area to contact with. I would suggest using the mobo tray out of your old computer and the drive mounting trays as well.