Jumping Psu

Hello

I'm going to put in a new power switch for my comp...I was wondering if I just splice the green wire off the psu and run it to the switch and obviously have a ground there...would that start up the board?

its my server in my sig...P3 500mHz no its an ATX...this switch includes a light on the end and didnt want to use the header because I dont believe it would have enough power fot it...this switch is made to run on 12V things...its the same kind of switch u would have in a car

There would be no difference in tapping directly into the green PSON line and running it off your motherboard header. Either way, I doubt you'll get that light to work unless you wire it up separately.

I would suggest you get a header wire and connect it to the switch and connect it to the motherboard header and then supply a sperate 12V feed off your PSU to run the light.

I don't remmeber what website, but they had switchs for this exact purpose that where like the ones ud see in some war movie, where they would press the missle buttons, they had a red flip cover, very cool.