Need A Labtop For School

OCit

Hey, I know this is an old story, but i need a labtop, however I require different things than most of the otehr posts i read. Ive had my beast of a desktop for a year (o its been a good year) but now its time to sell it and get a labtop. However, i DONT want a desktop replacement, I want a labtop. My criteria are:

1. Mobile: thin light, (12-15.5" screen), and MOST IMPORTANTLY looottsss of battery.

2. Powerful (its going to be hard enough moving down from a 3.5 GHz system). Im not talking about a P4, and yes i know the trade off is between weight and speed, so ill probably opt for a 755 (2.0 ghz pentium m) and abotu 512 ram

3. Looks, it has to look nice

So with that in mind, what would you suggest? I was looking at either sony or dell but am open to suggestion. I dont think id get an alienware simply because i feel that there not as mobiel as i want. Thanks for any input, thanks,

Ted

Hmmm, i was also looking at Acers. Can u say sweet! PCi express, Intel 770 (533 FSB), radeon x700, annnddd a battery life. See ithere. Any other companies im missing. I really dont like toshibas. dell, acer, sony, dont really like alienware, hmm. THanks,

Ted

Guest Silenc3

"labtops" err laptops are to expensive for what they do, I mean really what will you be doing with it. Doesnt your school have PC's?

For university....and i dont want a desktop because i dont need to play games (really), all i would use it for is work, dvds, and other low requirement things. Thats why i want a lot of battery. Thanks,

Ted

I hear intel centrio labtops have great battery life. Also you could try buying more then one battery if your on the move a lot. The labtop that you showed looks to me like it is more for gaming because it has pci-express the newist in gaming grathics. You could problay get somthing cheaper if you don t want best grathics.

I want graphics, its jsut i dont want to have to sacrifice battery life or size for them, but with this labtop i dont have too. Too bad it, ummm, cost 4000 bucks but it just came out so hopefully it will go down.

for power and battery life the centrino is the best bet

it's very powerful and has some pretty good battery life

i would suggest you go with a company that lets u customize all the parts yourself

ibuypower i think it is that has some pretty good comps