Apache Error!

+-geek-+

ok so heres the deal...i am running windows xp pro SP2 and have zonealarm with antivirus...i have had apache(1.3.31) up and running smoothly before but recently whenever i try to run it, it pops up and appears to be running smoothly...then in 5 seconds...it dissappears...originally i thought it was just minimizing to the system tray or somthing but it isnt...i have also tried this with zonealarm turned off and i get the same result...i cant connect to it or anything...so i check out the error log and the only thing it says is this:

[crit] (10022)An invalid argument was supplied: setup_inherited_listeners: WSASocket failed to open the inherited socket.

then i changed the httpd.conf file so that it logs debug info and got this:

[sat Nov 13 20:38:08 2004] [info] Parent: Created child process 2216

[sat Nov 13 20:38:08 2004] [info] Parent: Duplicating socket 144 and sending it to child process 2216

[sat Nov 13 20:38:08 2004] [info] BytesRead = 372 WSAProtocolInfo = 2006620

[sat Nov 13 20:38:08 2004] [crit] (10022)An invalid argument was supplied: setup_inherited_listeners: WSASocket failed to open the inherited socket.

[sat Nov 13 20:38:08 2004] [info] master_main: Shutdown event signaled. Shutting the server down.

[sat Nov 13 20:38:08 2004] [info] removed PID file c:/program files/apache group/apache/logs/httpd.pid (pid=3908)

and then im a little confused...i looked through the httpd.conf file and it seems to be fine...its attached if you wish to look it over...some info may be changed for security purposes...i have tried reinstalling apache musltiple times with the same results but i will probably do it a couple more times anyway...im pretty much blank here so any ideas would be appreciated...thank you...

Edited by +-geek-+

I would say ZA is to blame. What happens if you disable ZA? (I am going to say this in a polite way... get a router!)

Edited by FxXP

i have also tried this with zonealarm turned off and i get the same result...i cant connect to it or anything...so i check out the error log and the only thing it says is this:

even when it is disabled it still gives the same error etc...

i have a router....whats that have to do with it??

Edited by +-geek-+

yea...i suspected that also...because it seemed to have started doing it after i installed sp2 but i was really hoping there was a fix anyway...if theres not maybe i can get my hands on windows server 2003 or somthing...even if it is service pack 2...is there a way to make it work anyway?

edit: i have recently found somthing called apache2triad1.4.0 from sorurceforge.org and am gonna try that...supposedly it has some stuff fixed so ill tell u guys how it works out...it does seem like it is service pack 2 that is screwing things up...but if anybody knows of a fix it would still be appreciated!

Edited by +-geek-+