Finally My Dad Gets Sense About The Volvo

OptikaliLLusion

Alright, the last time the volvo was serviced was in june, cost maybe $800. Now, we just got it serviced, around the same price. So my dad finally saw the light and said he wants to sell it. Now, this is a Volvo S70 1999 edition, so what would Carmax give for it, and what would be an appropriate price for it if we were to sell it through ourselves? And my dad also thought that he'll buy a small used car for work (I don't know how those soccer moms manage to park these huge SUVs in the city @_@). And I suggested a Mini cooper or a Honda Insight. Which out of those 2 do you guys think we should select?

Well, Carmax only gives you wholesale value, so if your car's more desired in the region you're in, you're missing out on a lot of money. Now, they don't ask for repair records or anything, they just go over it moderately well and write up a checklist (body condition, miles, frame, etc). Now, when you go there, you can just walk in and ask for a appraiser and they'll send one out in about 10 minutes. They'll go over it, and give you a sheet with all their findings and a cash estimate good for 7 days or 500 miles. You don't have to buy a car from them either to get it, but I'd suggest at least taking a look while you're there. Although their not quite as good as they make it sound, they're a whole lot better than this used car dealer we checked out on the same day