2k Or Xp

RaTeD-R

I've used XP Pro for awhile now, and I haven't had any major problems :/

When I had Windows 2000 Pro I never had any problems with it either.

I'd recommend both :) but would choose XP Pro over Win2k Pro.

It's best to, try out..err I mean "evaluate", both and see which OS works best with your system and which one you like better :P

All Windows OSs come with stuff no one needs, uses, or wants... That's what the uninstall and registry are for. I've not had any problems game wise, in fact anything I could run on 2K runs just as good on XP...

You must not have optimized your system.

nah too lazy.. a lot of games though need xp patches such as gta3...

but ya there were a lot of features on xp that pissed me off and I didnt feel like goin around day after day searchin for stuff to get rid of on there to make it run more like win2k... in win2k I just get a feeling that my system is running cleaner... o ya and some of the stuff on explorer was really pissin me off... I think it was the fact they took out the window to view pix w/ out opening...

Evaluate......HaH

I can get my hands on XP Pro or 2k Pro for "evaluation". ;) that wouldn't be a problem......my old friend the e drive has them :)

Great opinions. I still am torn between the 2. I guess the "evaluation" is the best way 2 decide. Thankz Cha!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking tired right now.............................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

eh whats so cool about it?

it's basicly Win2k packed w/ a bunch of crap no one needs and less compatability for games and stuff... ran like crap for me...

well... you're obviously not a power user, if you were you would know ... IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS !!! ;)

ya Im guess Im not a power user cause I dont wanna put up w/ microsoft's crap where I need to completely optimize my system head to toe just so it will run fine, when win2k runs perfect upon install....

and I guess it's unpower-userlike to not feel like goin through and deleting useless programs and crap and applying various system hacks so programs like Windows Explorer, which won't be uninstalled, has to be set so it can't possibly run...

I've been dual booting between the two for a while now, and they are both very stable. I've had more compatibility issues with W2K SP3; for example my favorite game Need for Speed High Stakes won't install on W2k without jumping through hoops to get it done while on XP Pro it installs just fine. Also, I have a problem with Opera 6.05 hard-freezing my computer in W2k and not in XP. I know XP is bloated compared to 2K, but with enough memory it's not a problem. Besides, I like the eye candy of XP. I say XP Pro by a whisker.