Ati 9800 Pro Overclocking

GmAz

I know, one overclock isn't the same as another. But what are your guys overclocks for your ATI 9800 Pro. I have a Powercolor, and it has Samsung RAM on it. I just got a Koolance GPU waterblock. I know, i could have gotten the Maze4, which i hear is real good, but it works great. I currently have my OC @:

Core: 429

Mem: 378

Is this a good OC, or can the Core go more? When I push my Mem any higher, WinXP Itself starts artifacting. My mem also has some aluminum heatsinks on it. Before those, i coul only get around 350 for the mem. I know, they came stock at 378 Core and 336 Mem. Thx for your numbers.

I personally think that you could definately be able to get a higher oc... People get more than that with VGA silencers, but your card is a powercolor I dont know if it makes much of a difference though

thx...time for more tweaking. Also, When i touch my finger on the back on my 9800 after some gaming. It is barely warm to touch. It usually is rather hot. The ramsinks are barely warm also.

You know the only difference(from what ive read) between a pro and a non pro is that the pro tested for more mhz tolerance from the factory. Thats why they set the clock higher. So I would think that theres not a lot more to gain on a pro card and still stay stable. Just an opinion.Nice oc on the 2500 by the way!

Edited by Liltroy