Just Got My Watercooling Setup Complete.

ravix

I just got my watercooling setup complete, and before I go into any details, I'd like to thank a few people who helped me along the way: Nuclear, Exeter Acres, Will Smith, and Fanatic. I owe you guys one. :)

I got a maze 4 waterblock, a heatercore/shroud/120mm fan and a hydor l30 pump. I'll get pictures to you guys as soon as possible, but I lost the charger to my digicam. I had to cut out two drive bays to fit the radiator in, but it works nicely because it rests right under my fan hole on the top of my case.

You might notice that I didn't purchase a resivour. I was running low on cash, and a friend of mine suggested building the system and then installing the final component (the waterblock) conpletely submerged in a bowl of water with the pump running. It took a little finess, but I have a perfectly bled system with no resivour and no t-bracket anywhere. It looks great. :P

Now, for the meat and potatoes, the temps. :)

Right now, I have my barton at 1.75 volts and it is running at 28degrees idle and 32-34on load. I am pretty dang stoked with this performance, and it hasn't even passed the break-in period of the arctic silver. Now I can't wait to fold and overclock this beast. :-D

Edited by ravix

Oops, my mistake. Of course I have a radiator (as I said in the post, heat core + shroud + 120mm fan), I just accidentally said no rad instead of no res. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

sounds great, I built mine w/c setup external "caddy" with a Swiftech MCW478-uht wb+226watt Tec. mobo is a Asus P4C800E-Dlx and a 2.4c gig running at 3.017gig at the moment idle -11c loaded seen 3c. I know I need better ram :)