Change Browser In XP

YODA74

I'm sure you all know how to do this I was looking thru your hack's but didn't notice this one only saw how to change start-up button

For those of you with xp this is a great trick!

and all your have to is this...

start > run > type gpedit.msc

once loaded goto

user configuration > windows settings > internet explorer maintenance > Browser user interface

you will see 3 options...

Browser title - can change the title bar text

Custom Logo - change the icon that appears in the far right corner of your browser

Browser toolbar customizations - change the background image of your browser toolbar

Pls. back-up before doing any changes(this is your decision)

Really Change Browser in XP

Great site, very useful.

You may be interested in this:

As I don't like Internet Explorer much and prefer Opera, I decided to see if XP Pro could manage without it. I first turned off SFC, deleted the Internet Explore folder then did a search of the registry for Internet Explorer and Iexplore.exe and deleted every instance that it found. I then rebooted and checked the registry and the Program Files folder to see if any had returned, they hadn't. I then ran Regclean, rebooted and installed Opera. Outlook Express is still able to read html mail and my system has run without any visible problems for the past week. I am aware that any program that uses Internet Explore GUI won't work now, but as I don't use anything that does it's not a problem. B)